Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm Sorry

 I'm sorry, people. I meant to do more than this and failed. So I'm sorry. If I was a samurai I would have to commit seppeku. (Is that how you spell it???) Anyhow I told you I would tell you about DnD so here I go:
1. a quick intro to DnD
In the wonderful geek tribe we do stuff that is complex and difficult to explain. Imagine us as a cult but without any of the creepy stuff cults do. So that was a bad example, sue me. Anyhow in DnD you A. roll a 20 sided die. Didn't know dice came in that many sides? Now you do. B. Add a mod(modifier) to that roll. That's determined by your race (not color, racists), your class (not like english and stuff but like Archer, Cleric, Rogue, or Wizard.), and your skills. C. The DM/GM (dungeon master/ game master) tells you if you passed his DC ( Difficulty class or as I like to call it Dice Check) D. If you did you do whatever you were trying to do and the game carrys on. That's the basis of DnD. The total rules are found here: http://wizards.com/dnd/files/QuickStartRules.pdf
2. The way I play
In DnD you can play almost anything you want A powerful Wizard, a thoughtful Dwarf Cleric, a sneaky Elf Ranger, the options are endless. The classes of DnD (see above) are also broken down into character roles:
1. The Leader: These guys are cool. They heal themselves and their teammates while also serving as frontal soldiers.
2. The Striker: These guys can dish out lots and lots of damage, but they shouldn't be hit all that often.
3. The Defender: These guys block other guys from getting to other teammates. They always use a melee weapon and have very high HP (hit points)
4. The Controller: These guys are extra weak. They usually can only survive 2-3 hits, which is why they are never up front soldiers. They can attack multiple enemies at once which is why they are the most precious teammates. These guys are the only ones that I am good at playing.
Now that we've gotten over the particulars (I've always wanted to say that). I can go on. I like to play characters that don't care about much more than gold, beer and themselves. Which is why the first character I have ever made has been my favorite. I was a Minotaur fighter who liked to smack things and could easily shrug off pain. I honestly have no idea where I was going with this so I think I'm done talking about DnD.

See how I skipped a line? Nevermind. Yesterday was my Pa's B-day. Yep. This is turning into one of those posts where nothing happens. So I think I'm done.

So until next time, this is El Coolio, signing off.

Never mind, I am not done because I still have 22 words to do until I am finished writing this blog. Done.

1 comment:

  1. all this is fine but its kinda strange... My dad played DnD when he was in Jr. High.. Don't you think its a little old.. Plus, why not just play cpu games and make it more fluid instead of slow going board games... sometimes I don't understand people who play these games... (in your HE class)

    ReplyDelete