Sunday, February 13, 2011

I love Volleyball!!! (In which I don't at all.)

         Now, Volleyball, is a very strange sport indeed. And in my opinion, it should only be played by hot babes on the beach. Because that's the only time it's cool. So, in gym, we are playing volleyball, which wouldn't be so bad if our team wasn't completely dysfunctional. Now there's BJ, (whose name has been changed to protect his identity.) and he's probably the best person on our team. Then we have an over-confident kid who thinks he should be the only one to hit the ball. One person says, "Good Job!" every time we attempt to hit the ball. Two people on our team run into eachother in their attempts to dodge the ball, because they think it's some deadly weapon out to kill them. There's a baldish kid who just stands there, and there's a girl who is so weak, that when she hits the ball, it falls faster towards the ground. But I'm not much better, but at least I don't run away from the ball. So there's my rant.
         Now, Big J, whose name has also been changed to protect his identification, recently had a dream about space pirates who fought against other space pirates. Now, I have been recruited onto his team as the mechanic. My only skill is to hit some pipes with a wrench and then say, "Yep! They're frozen!"
        This has inspired me to do something incredibly nerdy. Create my own space pirate role-playing game. Which also gives me a new tag entitled role-playing. So I might talk about that more later.
          Anyhow on Thursday the NBC shows were on. Now if you watched Community you will see that they were playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, or AD&D for short. This version of D&D came out in 1980. This was also known as 2nd edition. Now, D&D is in its 4th edition. Which is different. It now has stuff in the middle of the table, and everyone rolls their own dice. This is due to the increasing lack of imagination in people. Later I might show you of an image of an actual game of D&D. The game concept is basically the same, which is involved by rolling a twenty sided die. On the show, he had to roll at least an 18, which has only a 15% chance of happening. Now, in my own campaign, I will be applying what happened in the episode in my own adventure. Now an essay about commas:
Hello, I am going to talk about commas. Many things are important to grammar, including commas. They are very important, but many have no idea how to even use them. Many people, including you, have no idea where commas should go. Commas are used to offset interrupters, after introductory material, to join sentences, separate items in a series, and to punctuate quotes. Unripe bananas, which are bad for you to eat, can lead to health problems. “Sometimes bad bananas lead to health problems,” said a doctor somewhere. “Many animals in the ocean do not use commas or eat bananas,” spoke a speech analyst. Bananas and commas can be good for you, but overuse is not good. So in short, bananas are pretty good when they are ripe, and commas help make what you are communicating clearer to your audience. I hope that this short, introductory, interesting, encouraging and overall exciting essay has shown you the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment